Friday, August 31, 2007

Romer on Growth

In this week's Econtalk, Paul Romer, Stanford University professor and Hoover Institution Senior Fellow talks with EconTalk host Russ Roberts about growth, China, innovation, and the role of human capital.

EconLog blogger Arnold Kling also recommends his students listening to the Roberts-Romer podcast, for a couple of reasons:

"First, I teach economic growth as one of the units of my course, and the discussion is very much on point. Second, my preferred approach to teaching economics is conversational. If you think of an analogy with a foreign language, you want to get students to start speaking economics. Having them listen to Roberts and Romer have a conversation is helpful. I think that the conversation probably gets too fast and covers too much ground for a new student to absorb, but I would hope that something would sink in."

BTW, he also ask his students to listen to Robert Frank's lecture on Youtube.

No comments: